In one day I had two people ask me about blogging. I had a list of questions in my mind so I have written them below. My idea was to create a list of questions to be answered but to also provide links to information related to the question, if applicable.
- Why do you want a blog?
- Will your blog be a diary of events and thoughts or will you eventually want to use it as a professional showcase, a monetization vehicle, or for your business?
- Who is your audience?
- What will your blog topic/niche be?
- Will there be multiple topics?
- What types of posts will you write? Do you know the different types of posts?
- How often will you update your blog?
- Are you fairly technical? Can you support a blog that has multiple technical updates in a month? Or would you rather someone else take care of the updates and let you add content, pictures, and other media?
- This question will help determine what company will host your blog.
- How much are you willing to spend per year on this site?
- Will you want to sell products?
- Will you want a mailing list?
- Will you have many pictures?
- What do you want the site to look like?
After answering these questions, a recommendation can be made on what your next steps should be.