I have been casually looking at how mobile applications are being used by learning organizations. In this post ASTD TechKnowledge’s Conference App is Cool on the Workplace Learning Today blog by Brandon Hall Research today.
I downloaded the app on my Android and it has these sections:
- Search – In application search.
- Schedule – The conference schedule in a calendar.
- Program – The program listed by category and then title with time.
- Speakers – A list of all of the speakers, their bio, and some include website and emails. Additionally, you can add notes for that speaker and tag them as favorites.
- Expo – A list of all of the expo participants.
- Media – PowerPoints for the presentations.
- Maps – A map of the convention hall.
- Twitter – a Twitter feed for #tk11.
It is a very good app and is giving me a few ideas!